EPC Scheme End-User Forum
The evolution of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Credit Transfer (SCT) and SEPA Direct Debit (SDD) schemes relies on close dialogue between the European Payments Council (EPC) as the scheme manager, and the representatives of the demand side of the payments market, as well as providers developing technical solutions which help the market to fully reap the SEPA benefits.
To this end, and in line with the EPC’s new governance aimed at further enhancing the involvement of scheme end-users and technical players, the EPC created the EPC Scheme End-User Forum (SEUF) and EPC Scheme Technical Forum (ESTF) in 2015 (refer to the ESTF webpage for more information about the ESTF).
Mission and Objective of the Scheme End-User Forum
The mission of the SEUF is to establish and maintain a formal and regular dialogue between the EPC and representatives of European associations of users (for instance, merchants and corporate treasurers) of existing EPC SEPA schemes and any other future relevant EPC SEPA scheme.
The objective of the SEUF is twofold:
- To inform the end-user representatives about the maintenance and the further evolution of the existing EPC SCT and SDD rulebooks, as well as about any future relevant EPC SEPA scheme.
- To act as a formal feedback channel via which the end-user representatives are able to raise or address issues and make recommendations to the Scheme Management Board concerning the rulebooks (including implementation guidelines) of the existing SCT and SDD schemes, as well as of any future relevant EPC SEPA scheme.
The SEUF has no decision-making power but may make recommendations to the Scheme Management Board of the EPC.
Composition of the SEUF
The membership profile as well as the current composition of the SEUF can be found in the section ‘Related files’ below.
There are currently still open seats available. Candidates nominated by European associations representing the demand side of the payments interested to become a member of the SEUF are invited to submit their application letters, including a CV in English, to email@example.com.
The renewal of the SEUF composition is done on a two-year basis, starting from September 2015.
Scheme End-User Forum Position on the Change Requests Submitted for the 2016 Scheme Change Management Cycle
Chapter 4 of the Scheme Management Internal Rules (SMIRs) being an integral part of each EPC scheme rulebook describes the maintenance and the evolution of each EPC scheme. Section 4.4 of the SMIRs in particular describes that the EPC Stakeholder Forums are invited to provide their consolidated comments about the change requests and the related change proposals outlined in the Change Proposal Submission Document for each rulebook, in a position document.
The concerned Change Proposal Submission Documents and the position from the Scheme End-User Forum are available under ‘EPC technical documents’.
Scheme End-User Forum meetings
The SEUF meets physically or by telephone conference at least twice yearly, on an as-needed basis. The approved versions of the SEUF agendas and meeting minutes are made public on this webpage.
The first meeting of the SEUF took place in September 2015.
Selection of articles from the EPC Newsletter and other sources
- Call for candidates seeking appointment to the EPC Scheme End-User Forum or the EPC Scheme Technical Forum
EPC technical documents
- EPC074-15 Profile - Member of EPC Scheme End-User Forum (SEUF)
- EPC218-15 EPC Scheme End-User Forum (SEUF) Membership List
- SEUF 001-15 Agenda 1st SEUF Meeting – 10 September 2015
- SEUF 002-15 v1.0 Approved Minutes 1st SEUF meeting 10 September 2015
- SEUF 001-16 v1.0 Agenda 2nd SEUF Meeting 31 March 2016
- SEUF 002-16 v1.0 Approved Summary 2nd SEUF Meeting 31 March 2016
- SEUF 003-16 v1.0 Agenda 3rd SEUF Meeting 26 August 2016
- SEUF 005-16 v1.0 Approved Summary 3rd SEUF Meeting 26 August 2016
- EPC Stakeholders Forums’ Positions on 2016 Change Proposals for the EPC SEPA Scheme Rulebooks
- 2016 Public Consultation – EPC SEPA Scheme Change Proposal Submission Documents