EPC Scheme Technical Forum
The evolution of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Credit Transfer (SCT) and SEPA Direct Debit (SDD) schemes relies on close dialogue between the European Payments Council (EPC) as the scheme manager, and the representatives of the demand side of the payments market, as well as the representatives of providers developing technical solutions which help the market to fully reap the SEPA benefits.
To this end, and in line with the EPC’s new governance aimed at further enhancing the involvement of scheme end-users and technical players, the EPC created the EPC Scheme Technical Forum (ESTF) and EPC Scheme End-User Forum (SEUF) in 2015 (refer to the SEUF webpage for more information about the SEUF).
Mission and objective of the EPC Scheme Technical Forum
The mission of the ESTF is to establish and maintain a formal and regular dialogue between the EPC and representatives from technical players who provide to EPC SEPA scheme participants, and/or payment service users, technical services facilitating the processing of the existing schemes, as well as of any future relevant EPC SEPA scheme.
The objective of the ESTF is twofold:
- To inform the technical players about the maintenance and the further evolution of the existing EPC SCT and SDD rulebooks, as well as about any future EPC SEPA scheme.
- To act as a formal feedback channel via which the technical players are able to raise or address issues and make recommendations to the Scheme Management Board concerning the rulebooks (including implementation guidelines) of the existing schemes as well as of any future relevant EPC SEPA scheme.
The ESTF has no decision-making power but may make recommendations to the Scheme Management Board of the EPC.
Composition of the EPC Scheme Technical Forum
The membership profile as well as the current composition of the ESTF can be found in the section ‘EPC technical documents’ below.
There are still open seats available for certain categories of technical players. Representatives of technical players interested to become a member of the ESTF are invited to submit their application letters, including a CV in English, to email@example.com.
The renewal of the ESTF composition is done on a two-year basis, starting from September 2015.
EPC Scheme Technical Forum Position on the Change Requests Submitted for the 2016 Scheme Change Management Cycle
Chapter 4 of the Scheme Management Internal Rules (SMIRs) being an integral part of each EPC scheme rulebook describes the maintenance and the evolution of each EPC scheme. Section 4.4 of the SMIRs in particular describes that the EPC Stakeholder Forums are invited to provide their consolidated comments about the change requests and the related change proposals outlined in the Change Proposal Submission Document for each rulebook, in a position document.
The concerned Change Proposal Submission Documents and the position from the EPC Scheme Technical Forum are available under ‘EPC technical documents’.
EPC Scheme Technical Forum meetings
The ESTF meets physically or by telephone conference at least twice yearly, on an as-needed basis. The approved versions of the ESTF meeting agendas and meeting minutes are made public on this webpage.
The first meeting of the ESTF took place in September 2015.
Selection of articles from the EPC Newsletter and other sources
- Call for candidates seeking appointment to the EPC Scheme End-User Forum or the EPC Scheme Technical Forum
EPC technical documents
- EPC095-15 Profile - Member of EPC Scheme Technical Forum (ESTF)
- EPC210-15 membership EPC Scheme Technical Forum (ESTF) v2.0
- ESTF 005-16 Agenda 4th meeting EPC Scheme Technical Forum 2016-09-16
- ESTF 006-16 4th ESTF meeting 16 september 2016 - Approved Minutes
- ESTF 003-16 Agenda 3rd meeting EPC Scheme Technical Forum 2016-08-25
- ESTF 004-16 3rd ESTF meeting 25 August 2016 - approved minutes
- ESTF 001-16 Agenda 2nd meeting EPC Scheme Technical Forum 2016-03-30
- ESTF 002-16 2nd ESTF meeting 30 March 2016 - approved minutes
- ESTF 001-15 Agenda 1st meeting EPC Scheme Technical Forum 2015-09-09
- ESTF 002-15 1st ESTF meeting 09 September 2015 – approved minutes
- EPC Stakeholders Forums’ Positions on 2016 Change Proposals for the EPC SEPA Scheme Rulebooks
- 2016 Public Consultation – EPC SEPA Scheme Change Proposal Submission Documents