The SEPA Request-to-Pay (SRTP) scheme rulebook covers the set of operating rules and technical elements (including messages) that allow a Payee to request the initiation of a payment from a Payer in a wide range of physical or online use cases.
The third version (v3.0) of the SRTP scheme rulebook takes into account the comments received in response to the three-month public consultation on the proposed change requests relating to the second version of the SRPT scheme rulebook, which ended on 26 August 2022.
The most significant changes in the third version (v3.0) of the SRTP scheme rulebook are:
- The Payee’s enrolment and Payer’s activation;
- the request for instalment payments;
- the redirection of the Payer to the appropriate merchant’s web page;
- the redirect processes;
- the request for payment initiation status;
- the reference to a previous SRTP message;
- the possibility to send a credit note by an SRTP message.
The related Implementation Guidelines (IGs) are planned to be published at the beginning of 2023.
The effective date of this third release is set to 30 November 2023.