On 1 July 2014 the European Payments Council ( ) introduced a poll launched to capture the views of payments audiences on which of the initiatives listed below will have the greatest impact on the European payments market going forward. This poll was open until 30 September 2014. Here are the results:
- European Commission proposal for a revised Payment Services Directive ( ): 48%
- European Commission proposal for a new Regulation on interchange fees for card-based payment transactions: 20%
- SecuRe Pay Forum recommendations for the security of internet payments; for the security of payment account access services; and for the security of mobile payments: 12%
- Guidelines and technical standards issued by the European Banking Authority pursuant to the mandate provided by the proposed revised Payment Services Directive ( ) (Articles 86, 87): 12%
- Work programme of the Euro Retail Payments Board, chaired by the European Central Bank: 8%
For background information on the topics listed in the poll, refer to the Newsletter July 2014 edition below. Latest developments with regard to regulatory developments impacting the European payments market will be reported in the next edition of the Newsletter to be published at the end of October 2014.
If you would like to comment on this article, please identify yourself with your first and last name. Your name will appear next to your comment. Email addresses will not be published. Please note that by accessing or contributing to the discussion you agree to abide by the EPC website conditions of use.