On 1 July 2014 the European Payments Council ( ) introduced a poll launched to capture the views of payments audiences on which of the following initiatives will have the greatest impact on the European payments market going forward:
- European Commission proposal for a revised Payment Services Directive ( ).
- European Commission proposal for a new Regulation on interchange fees for card-based payment transactions.
- Work programme of the Euro Retail Payments Board, chaired by the European Central Bank.
- SecuRe Pay Forum recommendations for the security of internet payments; for the security of payment account access services; and for the security of mobile payments.
- Guidelines and technical standards issued by the European Banking Authority pursuant to the mandate provided by the proposed revised Payment Services Directive ( ) (Articles 86, 87).
To cast your vote, follow the link to the Newsletter July 2014 edition below. It provides background information on the topics listed in the poll. The poll will be open until the end of September 2014. The results, (and latest developments with regard to the regulatory initiatives mentioned in the poll), will be presented in the October 2014 edition of the Newsletter.
If you would like to comment on this article, please identify yourself with your first and last name. Your name will appear next to your comment. Email addresses will not be published. Please note that by accessing or contributing to the discussion you agree to abide by the EPC website conditions of use.