What Should Non-PSP Users Do if They Have a Complaint about the SEPA S...

What Should Non-PSP Users Do if They Have a Complaint about the SEPA Schemes?

10 October 16

Share This

The has just published on its website the explanation of the process that non-Payment Service Provider ( ) users of the schemes should follow in case they have a complaint about the schemes. Such users can be for example individuals, corporates, small and medium-size enterprises…

In brief:

  • They should first address their complaint to their , if it relates to the service offered by the .
  • Then, if need be, they should contact the body in their country competent to handle this kind of complaint.
  • If the complaint is of scheme-wide importance, it may however be submitted to the , which will review the complaint and assess what action may be needed.

More details about what a non- scheme user should do in case of a complaint are available here.

In addition, the change management process of the schemes is open to all kinds of stakeholders, including non- . The encourages such users to submit their change requests to amend the scheme rulebooks, if they believe they could be enhanced.

It should be noted that for complaints from a different process is foreseen under the Scheme Management Internal Rules for scheme participants.

Your reactions

If you would like to comment on this article, please identify yourself with your first and last name. Your name will appear next to your comment. Email addresses will not be published. Please note that by accessing or contributing to the discussion you agree to abide by the EPC website conditions of use.