This payment scheme enables euro credit transfers with the funds made available on the account in less than ten seconds at any time and in an area that will progressively span over 36 European countries. All payment service providers ( ) are invited to adhere to the scheme as soon as possible. The technical information for implementing the scheme is available on this page.
The rulebook currently in effect up to 19 November 2023 08:00 CET is the 2021 rulebook version 1.1. The version 1.1 has no specific impact on the business and operational rules compared to the version 1.0 of the 2021 rulebook.
The Implementation Guidelines of the version 1.1 of the 2021 rulebook are based on the relevant ISO 20022 XML message standards.
Do you want to use the ’s Intellectual Property Rights related to its payment schemes’ rulebooks and implementation guidelines for non-euro transactions? Click here for more information.
- An updated definition of the term ‘Banking Business Day’, the replacement of the term ‘Bank’ with ‘ ’ and an updated definition of the term ‘Customer’.
- A feature that can link an transaction with a preceding Request-To-Pay (RTP) message.
- An optional credit notification message based on the ISO 20022 standard for the Beneficiary for a successfully executed transaction in the -to-customer space.
- The possibility to submit instructions with a future execution date and time.
- Changes to the r-transaction procedures Recall and Request for Recall by the Originator (RFRO) i.e. extra procedure diagrams for RFRO, the extension of the period to submit an Recall in case of fraud, and the alignment of the Recall and RFRO datasets within the rulebook and between both rulebooks.
- A formal rulebook reference to the separate guidance document on r-transaction reason codes.
Annex IV of the 2021 rulebook version 1.1 lists all changes compared to the version 1.0 of the 2021 rulebook and the version 1.2 of the 2019 rulebook.